DetailsRado invites you to let imaginative ideas become reality.
As "Master of Materials", the Swiss watchmaker stands for innovative design and material art like no other. The theme of this year's Rado Star Prize India focuses on the idea of design as something enduring, long-lasting and versatile. Permanence overcomes obsolescence as we look for designs that will prove their timeless appeal.
Rado Star Prize – Description
Rado Star Prize India 2019 competition aims to support young up-and-coming designers by providing them a platform to showcase their work to experts in the field and to the public.
A specialist panel of judges, consisting of professionals from the world of design and Rado Watch Co. Ltd, Switzerland, will evaluate the designs submitted and select finalists and the winner. All finalists will have the opportunity to display their projects during the next event organised by SG India for promoting sale of Rado watches and will be entered into the online vote for the Public’s Choice Award.
Submissions are being accepted on the website until October 15, 2019.
The finalist receiving the maximum number of votes from the public will win the Public’s Choice Award. The voting will take place on the website.
Entry is open to all up-and-coming designers. However, they must meet the criteria mentioned below:
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be an Indian resident
- Must either study a design discipline (i.e. undergraduate), or otherwise aiming to become a designer
- Must not be a professional designer (i.e. graduate designer) or employed as a designer in any capacity
- Can only enter one design
- The competition is only open to solo designers; group or collaborative entries are not being accepted
Each participant must submit the following on the RadoStarPrize.Rado.com/India:
- Name, address and a short biography
- Field of design of project with a short description
- Visuals / technical drawings / concept ideas of the project (up to four in total)
- Projects should be either an Industrial or Product Design
Designs for timepieces or other horological instruments will not be accepted.
(Read Terms and Conditions here)